Axalta's powder coatings business continued to grow despite the impacts of global pandemic
MEXICO CITY - JUNE 30, 2021 - Axalta, a leading global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, celebrated 30 years since the beginning of its powder coatings manufacturing in Apodaca, Nuevo Leon. Axalta’s powder coatings business in Mexico has grown in a continuous way, consolidating itself as one of the most important businesses for Axalta in the country.
Axalta’s plant in Apodaca is one of the company's three manufacturing facilities in Mexico, and the only one specifically dedicated to the production of powder coatings, including Axalta’s industry-leading Alesta® and Nap-Gard® using an efficient and environmentally friendly finishing method.
“For more than 150 years, we have been leaders in the development of coatings designed to help our customers succeed. In 1991, we opened the Apodaca plant to manufacture powder products for our global industrial customers, which has resulted in continuous growth in recent years, even in a year as challenging as 2020,” said Isabel Alanis, Powder Coatings Business Director for Axalta Mexico.
Powder coatings are manufactured without organic solvents and do not release VOCs (volatile organic compounds) into the atmosphere during application. Additionally, they are more efficient, cost effective and align with environmental regulations to reduce energy consumption, all while delivering an excellent finish.
“Axalta's global commitment begins with the promise to minimize environmental impact across the entire spectrum of business activities - from product development and manufacturing, to distribution and waste disposal. We invest in technologies that allow us to offer sustainable products and processes to our customers,” said Juan Antonio Flores, Operations Director for Axalta Latin America.
In such a challenging year as 2020, Axalta's powder coatings business showed significant growth as its main customers kept their businesses performing, achieving synergy consolidation within the industry. The main segments that powder coatings are aimed at are the electrical, automotive, HVAC, general industry, decorative, and oil & gas sectors.
As part of its 30th anniversary in Apodaca, Axalta will launch Color Charts 2021, a series of powder coatings collections divided according to their use:
- Select Collection: Includes products that apply to all segments. Mainly applied on shelves, household appliances, lamps, aluminum panels or metal components.
- High-Performance Collection: Products in this collection prevent corrosion and oxidation, resist high temperatures in products such as transformers, grills, and electrical boxes, in addition to delivering an outstanding aesthetic finish.
- BE+ Collection: This collection is free of the chemical component Triglycidyl Isocyanurate (TGIC), free of heavy metals and does not produce VOCs that are highly polluting and helps to save energy.
- Automotive Collection: The product portfolio of this collection meets the highest standards of the automotive industry for painting auto parts, such as chassis, brackets, and seat frames, among others.
- Architectural Collection: A collection of products specially selected for projects and requirements for the architectural segment
For more information of Axalta’s powder coatings please visit: https://www.axalta.com/mx/es_ES.html.
Axalta is a global leader in the coatings industry, providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful, and sustainable coatings solutions. From light vehicles, commercial vehicles and refinish applications to electric motors, building facades and other industrial applications, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity, and enhance durability. With more than 150 years of experience in the coatings industry, the global team at Axalta continues to find ways to serve our more than 100,000 customers in over 130 countries better every day with the finest coatings, application systems and technology. For more information, visit axalta.com and follow us @axalta on Twitter.